cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN and ASA 5505

kbosak
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy. I'm trying to connect users at a remote site to a main site using PPTP. The main site is setup and clients can connect from outside the building. Users at the remote site cannot connect to the main. The remote site has a ASA 5505 and I've enabled gre/pptp (see attachment) The IP address of the main site is 66.228.224.10. The ASA shown in the attachment is on the remote site. The error message I get is that gre/pptp is not enabled. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but I don't know what. This is my first try at setting up a VPN and would appreciate your help.

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

You can only have one PPTP/L2TP connection through the PIX Security Appliance when you use PAT. This is because the necessary GRE connection is established over port 0 and the PIX Security Appliance only maps port 0 to one host.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080094a5a.shtml#tshoot

Do you have "inspect pptp" in your configuration?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: