Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN and Surewest Communications?

All,

I am attempting to get a Windows 7 Home Edition Premium client set up with the VPN client and am not able to communicate.  I asked my Internet Service Provider (Surewest Communications Fiber Optic) to check ports UDP 500 and 4500 per the instructions I got.  They asked me to set a dedicated IP address and mapped my MAC address to open ports so I don't think that is the issue any longer if it ever was.

I have two PCF files (one for North America, and one for Europe).  The North America just gives me a "cannot connect" error and doesn't even give me the login window.  The European PCF gives me the login window but immediately comes back with the password cleared. 

First of all are there really port restrictions that I need to be aware of?  How can VPN be used on numerous home ISP based systems using cable, fibre optic, dsl, etc.? 

Are there issues with Windows 7 home edition?  The people I know that are using this software successfully are using Windows XP. 

BTW, I had a guy on our support desk login with his Windows XP PC using my user-id, password, and the same PCF file that he sent me.  It worked for him.  This then has to be some kind of compatiblity or communications issue.

What the heck has happened to the CISCO of old where CISCO software was golden.  Anyone could drop it in and be up and running with no hassles?  My VPN client is 5.0.07.0290.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content