Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN backup tunnel

I have the following setup :

Site A , site B , site C .

A intiate VPN to C

B intiate VPN to C

there is leased line between A and B , Both VPN tunnels to C is primary route , Can B routed through A when the tunnel between B--C goes down ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: VPN backup tunnel

Hi,

It can be done.

Use GRE tunnels with routing protocols. The VPNs will be between the IPs of the GRE tunnel supporting interfaces and the GRE keepalives will mantain the VPN up.

Check: http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080518a50.html

Please rate if this helped.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for reply , but actuly i cann't find similier setup for my case , where i use leased line between sites A and B , and site A use one interface for VPN in site C router also site B is having another interface in site C router .

Thanks

Hi,

That is only for one router to router GRE. Basically you will do that from every router with the other two and every router will have two GRE tunnels. From these two tunnels you will receive/send traffic plus the routing updates.

Please rate if this helped.

Regards,

Daniel

But I don't have access to main router C in this case , it is belong to the provider and only they can do the default VPN tunnel .

Rgds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content