Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Cisco Client hangs on install

support_praxiel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to install vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe on a server running Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2. No firewall, no antivirus run on the machine.

trie_network.JPG

Unfortunately the installation process hangs forever. It doesn't create the installation directory, it doesn't create the Cisco device.

When the installation hangs, the wmiprvse.exe process eats 50% of CPU.

I have set up log on windows installer and there are the last lines written in the log.

Début de l'action 09:13:23 : CsCaDll_GetInstallDriveType1.
MSI (s) (5C:E8) [09:13:23:718]: Skipping action due to msidbCustomActionTypeFirstSequence option.
Fin de l'action 09:13:23 : CsCaDll_GetInstallDriveType1. Valeur renvoyée : 0.
MSI (s) (5C:E8) [09:13:23:718]: Skipping action: CsCaErr_GetInstallDriveType1 (condition is false)
MSI (s) (5C:E8) [09:13:23:718]: Doing action: CsCa_GetLocalPrivName
Action09:13:23 : CsCa_GetLocalPrivName.
Début de l'action 09:13:23 : CsCa_GetLocalPrivName.

I can post the entire log if needed.

Any idea is welcome.

Regards from PARIS.

Luc

1 Reply 1

support_praxiel
Level 1
Level 1

We have been able to

install the client.

It was a trouble due to network card drivers installed on this machine. It's a DELL PowerEdge 840 and the network adpater was installed with microsoft drivers. We uninstalled the microsoft driver and installed the Dell driver, then everything ran as attended for the Cisco VPN client.

Hope this answer wil help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: