cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client access

support
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 1700 router with VPN client 3.6.1 accessing. My XP-Home and Win98 client using cable modem are able to connect authenticate and map to necessary files on the network. I am running XP-Pro with a dial up connection and am able to authenticate and ping server but cannot map any shares. I am Mapping by IP address (dont have WINS running) returning a "network path not found" message even when logging on as another user.

References or thoughts would be appreciated.

John

1 Reply 1

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Seems like a Microsoft issue, but hope the following might be helpful information " Hit "Start Menu", then right-click on My Network Places on the start menu and select properties. Right click on your Primary Network Connection and select properties. Double click on the TCP/IP line in the listbox and hit the advanced button just above the cancel button at the bottom of the general property page. Select the WINS tab and the lower one third of the property page is where you turn on/off NetBIOS over TCP/IP. Please enable that. This will enable name resolution Under LAN Manager requests and you should be able to see your other box's in your network places. Uninstall all other protocols, reboot and hopefully it would work".

Hope this helps,

Aamir Waheed

Cisco Systems, Inc.

-=-=-