Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN-Client and Aladdin USB Token

Hello,

i'm trying to establish a VPN connection using Aladdin USB eToken PRO. According to installation guides I should see a certification store when creating a new connection. (Radio Button in the left corner of new connection window named "Certificate Authentication".

But the dropdown box keeps emty.

I installed everything on a fresh XP System using different order in installation (first Aladdin RTE3.6, then VPN-Client, first VPN-Client then RTE...).

Nothing helps.

What I am doing wrong?

I used different Version of VPN-Client 4.7, 4.8, even 4.0 and 3.6.6.

There is no error message anywhere in the system!

Any hints for troubleshooting this?

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

This document demonstrates how to use the eToken with Cisco IOS. Software Release 12.3(14)T. This software release introduced support for the USB drivers into Cisco IOS Software for both flash memory and eToken secure memory. The security provided by the eToken (also known as an Aladdin USB eToken key) makes it attractive for storing and distributing secure information, such as VPN credentials and software configurations. eToken support is enabled on certain models of Cisco Systems. routers with a built-in USB port, such as the Cisco. integrated services routers

(ISRs).

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6247/c1244/cdccont_0900aecd80275112.pdf

www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/ doc/product/access/acs_mod/1800/mithril.pdf