Cisco Support Community
Community Member

VPN client automatic initiation -Bindings with network adapter

I'm vijai from BahwanIT, Muscat OMAN.

We are the CISCO premier partners here and also cisco VPN/security and VOIP specialization partner.

It's my pleasure to post my question in this forum which has tremendous cisco expertise.

I'm sure I wil get a positive and prompt feedback on this.

Currently we are in situation to solve the below customer requirement.

Hence I request your help to give us an immediate solution on this since being a critical situation.

Our Customer is running a CISCO VPN client 4.6 for Windows. I have configured remote access with IPSEC in the PIX firewall which is running 7.0(2) software version.

Basically we will invoke the VPN client by clicking the configured profile to establish the VPN tunnel with our organization network.

But the customer need to automate the VPN client software on the laptop whenever a traffic gets initiated through Dial-up, ADSL & Wi-FI when it finds any other IP address other than their network.

Let us consider customer internal IP is .whenever the above mentioned adapters receives any IP other than this, the VPN client should initiate automatically so that no way the user should get access only through VPN.

Is it a way to integrate VPN client utility with all the adapters.

Kindly advice me how to go about, since being a urgent case.

Re: VPN client automatic initiation -Bindings with network adapt

Hi ... you probably might be able to do what you need by customizing vpnclient.ini file. you will need to test this on a lab scenario until you get the results you are looking for. the Cisco VPN client admin guide should be included on the zip downloaded from cisco .. From the guide look at the section.

Creating Automatic VPN Initiation in the vpnclient.ini File

I hope it helps ... please rate it if it does !!

Community Member

Re: VPN client automatic initiation -Bindings with network adapt

Hi fernando,

Thanks for ur response.But I have refer the document already it says that this solution is for WLANS .

Even i tried this out.

Please reply me if you find any additional info

CreatePlease to create content