Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN client blocks access to IP address

I have a strange intermittent problem - it occurs about once a week.  I am using VPN client on Windows 7 64-bit (installed from vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe).  I am always able to connect to the VPN host, but about once a week I find that Remote Desktop fails to make the connection.  A restart is then needed to clear the obstruction.  I have delved into this a bit further (not being an expert I can only do simple things).  I find that while the VPN client is connected (when this error condition exists) it is not possible to ping the host.  tracert shows that the packet fails to reach my DSL modem.  All other addresses can be pinged, and I can browse the internet in the usual way.  If I disconnect the VPN, I can ping the host.  It appears that in this error condition the VPN connection makes the host unreachable.

I would be grateful for a solution to this, since restarting the computer is sometimes quite inconvenient.

Gib

Views
Helpful
Replies