Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Vpn Client can't access local resources -- urgent

Dear All,

I am facing a problem with Cisco VPN client.I can connect to HO thru VPN and its working fine ,but simultaneously i can't access my local resources. OS is WindowsXP proffessional. Plz help.

regds

Binoy

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Vpn Client can't access local resources -- urgent

you mean once the remote vpn connected, you no longer able to access anything from the lan. if so, you need to contact the ho admin requesting a feature called split tunneling.

without split tunneling, all traffic regardless local or remote will be encrypted and sent to the vpn termination device. with your case, the vpn device at ho will probably drop the traffic destinated to your lan.

unfortunately, there is no other work around except configuring split tunneling at the ho device.

hi jakko

thanks for your reply.can you just explain what is Split tunneling.where i can edit this feature.

My H.O side is a router, so which all commands do we need to edit.please guide me to solve this issue.

Regds

Binoy.

Gold

please read below is a cut-down version of the config related to remote vpn.

crypto isakmp client configuration group mygroup

key xxxxx

pool vpnpool

acl 130

ip local pool vpnpool 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.10

ip nat inside source route-map nonat interface Dialer0 overload

access-list 101 deny ip 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

access-list 101 permit ip any

access-list 130 permit ip 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

route-map nonat permit 10

match ip address 101

in particular, split tunneling is enabled by creating acl 130 and applying to crypto isakmp client configuration.

with split tunneling enabled, only traffic destinated to h.o. lan will be encrypted and sent via the vpn tunnel. all other traffic will be routed normally out to the default gateway of the pc.

Gold

just wondering how you go.

Views
Helpful
Replies