Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client connected, but not data is transferred

SiekOliana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

recently we started having some problems with the VPN-Client. Starting a few weeks ago we have problems with newly installed machines (Win 7 x64). The VPN-Client (5.0.7) connects fine, but no packets are sent through the tunnel. The strange thing is, that clients, which had been installed before with the same configuration have no problems connecting.

We were able to fix it on one client by uninstalling DNE and reinstalling it with a standalone package from

http://www.citrix.com/lang/english/lp/lp_1680845.asp

This has not worked on other clients though. Maybe a specific un-/installation sequence is needed, even though we tried some different sequences and also tried to remove everything.

We also tried to remove AV (SEP 11), which could cause some problems, but had no luck. There have been no configuration chagnes to our ASA, which is the endpoint of the connection.

Has anybody encountered similar problems or an idea how to further narrow down the problem?

8 Replies 8

Hi,

We have a similar issue, with the 5.0.07.0269, on Windows 7 Enterprise x64

We tried to uninstall Cisco Client. When reinstalling, facing error "Reason 440 : Driver Failure". Fixed by reinstalling the DNE

After that, we had an error "Reason 442 : Failed to enable Virtual Adapter"

The only way we found to fix this is reinstalling Windows 7 SP1, without the windows update. Install Cisco client, and then applying the windows update

If we apply the windows update before installing the cisco vpn client, we cannot install the vpn client : "Error 27848 : network component installation requires a reboot first, to free locked resources."

Of course, if I reboot, that doesn't fix this error...

Do you have a UMTS-card in your machine? Outdated drivers for these can cause many problems.

SiekOliana
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Sebastient Tissier wrote:

The only way we found to fix this is reinstalling Windows 7 SP1, without the windows update. Install Cisco client, and then applying the windows update

what exactly do you mean? Did you reinstall the complete operating system or only SP1? Were you able to figure out, which Windows update is causing the issue? Maybe an uninstall of that update could help if we can locate which one it is.

@karsten: Yes it has a UMTS-Card, but the drivers are current.

> Yes it has a UMTS-Card, but the drivers are current.

I had many problems with UMTS and the legacy VPN-Client. You could try the AnyConnect-Client and if that works as you want then you could go with the AnyConnect Essentials License.

karsten.iwen wrote:

I had many problems with UMTS and the legacy VPN-Client. You could try the AnyConnect-Client and if that works as you want then you could go with the AnyConnect Essentials License.

Do you know, where I can get the AnyConnect-Client? Right now we are trying to configure an access through L2TP/IPSec so that we do not need any client, but can connect with windows-tools. The problem is the lack of experience with the ASA in order to get the configuration right...

You can download the client on cisco.com or get it from your cisco-partener where you bought your ASA.

Hi,

Back from vacation now

Denis Oliana a écrit:

what exactly do you mean? Did you reinstall the complete operating system or only SP1? Were you able to figure out, which Windows update is causing the issue? Maybe an uninstall of that update could help if we can locate which one it is.

I reinstalled the complete operating system.

About Windows Update, I'm not sure if it's really that. Because I tried to uninstall all the updates, but it didn't fix the problem. It's only when I don't install the updates that I can successfully install the VPN client

Hi.

I found out, that it's related to SP1 missing. I did not see, that SP1 was missing, since I thought it would be in the image and did not double check it. Right now, we have approved SP1 in WSUS, so that the problem should go away as soon every PC got the update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: