Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

VPN Client connection

Hi Experts

I Have asa 5520 terminate the remote access VPN Connection,when successfully   connect to my corporate Network and try to copy a file(30MB) from the share to my PC ,it takes around 2 Hours or it disconnect ,what is the root cause of this issue , and how to solve it

what is the speed of the vpn client once y connected to the corporate over the Internet ?at my home i have 512 ADSL while at my corporate we have 155Mbps Internet speed

thanks

jamil

1 REPLY
Bronze

VPN Client connection

Jamil, windows file share (cifs) is a very chatty lan protocol and can take an inordinate amount of time over a wan. I would suggest by starting by using ftp and see how that compares to transfer the same file. If ftp take a similar time, then you will need to get wireshark or similar and take a look. Check for dropped packets, retransmissions etc. IPsec, like anything else, can only go as fast as the slowest link it traverses. Its a good idea to ensure that you avoid fragmentation where possible.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_white_paper09186a00800d6979.shtml

Matthew

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content