cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client connects but can't VNC or ping any inside networks

ddunk0077
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ASA5500, i have an outside user using Cisco VPN client to remote access into my network. They are able to connect and get an ip address from the pool. But they are unable to ping or VNC any devices inside my network. I have static routes on my cores and wan routers pointing back to the ASA. From the inside of my network i am also unable to ping any of the remotes clients ip addresses, any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this the only user having connectivity issues or all users. Can you look under the statistics for packets Tx and Rx and also look at "show crypto ipsec sa" and check for packets encrypted/decrypted.

Also, please post the configuration if possible.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Could you tell me that the pool range is in same range with inside or not ?

Regards

Mozaffari

t-heeter
Level 1
Level 1

Are remote users behind nat device? Possibly a nat-t issue.

jim-bell
Level 1
Level 1

Darrick,

We had the same issue and it was down to the client's router. This was resolved by upgrading firmware on the router. (BT Voyager 220V).

shomar
Level 1
Level 1

usually there are two things to check for in these situations:

1. nat traversal: check that you have the command "isakmp nat-traversal" is configured

2. nat 0: make sure that you have the vpn pool configured in the nat 0 access list.

check the following:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/config/basclnt.htm#wp1062497

or the following configuration example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00805734ae.shtml

HTH

Shadi`

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: