Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client install - Error 27850

iholdings
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings-

Attempting to install VPN Client 5.0.07.0290 on a WinXP SP3 box.  First attempted while logged into machine using AD credentials resulted in the following message:

Error 27850. Unable to manage networking component.  Operating system corruption may be preventing installation.

Did a quick search and one discussion indicated that the Windows AD Group Policies may be the problem.  Makes sense.

But then I logged into the machine using local account Administrator - same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

24 Replies 24

Yes! Thanks for the fix. I incresed to 14.

How does one figure out that the filter drivers could be the cause anyways?!

Thanks again!

Thanks Jose. Increased my setting to 10 and now working on 64bit Win7 with VirtualBox, VMWare Player.

Thanks for the help,

I have win7 64 bit and it works prefectly with me

Hi,

That also worked fine for me. Thanks a lot for this tip :-)

(with win7 64 bit)

iholdings
Level 1
Level 1

All-

Please check the following post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2017243

Solved this problem.

Thanks.

Fantastic work Jose,

Worked perfectly for me. Solved another network driver install issue also. Well done and thanks for documenting the answer.

Michael

raphaelemerick
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info, very helpful. It happened to me the same error and unable to solve by changing the registry key from 8 to 14. Thanks.

The solution for me was to install DNE 64bit.
    ftp://files.citrix.com/dneupdate.msi for 32-bit
    ftp://files.citrix.com/dneupdate64.msi for 64-bit

After installing this, the Cisco VPN software installed without issue.

As a side note, I had an issue after installing the VPN where it would hang at 'Securing communications channel' ... In my case, I have two Cisco VPN Virtual Adapters under network connections (this could be my issue). If I disable the old one, then enable the new one while the software hangs at 'Securing communications channel', it will connect.

I am running Windows 8.1.

Peter Long
Level 1
Level 1

This is now presenting as an error on Window 10

Windows 10 - Running the Cisco VPN Client Software

Pete

eng.mevan
Level 1
Level 1

Fixed: Check this Toturial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11FaO4zRYfc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: