cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client not routing traffic over VPN

ryan.clark
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using VPN client for ages now without a problem. Recently I made a new connection with AnyConnect and it did an automatic upgrade. Now I don't appear to be able route traffic over the VPN client. I can still make connections, but nothing goes over the connection. I have tried removing and reinstalling both VPN client and AnyConnect but it has not made a difference. I have checked the routing table on my client against another machine where the connection is still working correctly and it looks exactly the same. Any help much appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

Someone in my department had this issue recently. He was running windows 8.1. The first thought we had was maybe his local home network subnet overlapped with remote site subnets. That was not the case. Then we thought maybe a windows 8.1 issue so we downloaded the newest version of anyconnect. That was also not the issue. The issue ended up being a problem with symantec on his computer not allowing the remote networks as "trusted". Has anything changed on your PC recently? Are you running any virus software that has a firewall feature on it? Windows Firewall? Also check you NIC and see if any firewall drivers were installed on the NIC.