Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Client on XP: VPN Sub-system is not available

Has anybody seen this message coming up when starting the VPN Client (3.6.4) on XP : "The necessary VPN sub-system is not available. You can not connect to the remote VPN server"? (Which is true, it does'nt want to connect)

What is a helpful remedy? Thanx for a reply

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: VPN Client on XP: VPN Sub-system is not available

Did you reboot the machine after installing the client - that is the easiest way to generate that machine (install the client, don't reboot, try to make vpn connection).

If you have, look in services in control panel - see if the Cisco Systems..VPN service is started. If it isn't, try starting it. Check the eventvwr for any errors pertaining to why that service did not start - it should start at boot time - "automatic" in win2k-speak

Hi,

I had the same problems, remove the vpn client and do a new installation. This helps for me

Thanx,

I did this and it helped for some time. But now we are seing the same problem coming up on a lot of installations and to uninstall and reinstall again now does no longer solve the problem.

Currently, this problem is not fixed and seems to be related to ether some patch work of Microsoft or the Antivirus software involved.

Hi,

I got this messages also, and I set to disable the IPSEC Sercives's startup type because it goes automatically started state. This resolved my problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content