Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client removal issue

wcrolle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed the VPN Client and could not get it to work. I removed the application and tried to install a leter version but constanytly receive an error message that the computer needs to be rebooted after the deinstallation of a previous version.

I have rebooted several times, executed the manual removal process as indicated on the websit with no success and have struggled with this now for over a month.

I REALLY need my VPN working and now at a totl lost as to what to to next. Can someone please advise me on what to do or where to look for a solution. Alternately, is there another VPN client that will work for me.

Winston

6 Replies 6

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

What OS do you have? What version of the client are you working with? The doc below provides the steps needed to manually uninstall the VPN client on a Windows machine.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_tech_note09186a0080094b7f.shtml

I am using Windows XP with version 4 of the client. I have tried the manual removal process with no success.

Please provide the exact version of the client that you had previously installed?

The version number is VNP Client Version 4.7.00.0533

i have the same problem.

i use a XP SP3 client with a vpn client 4.0.3.C-k9. if i install the vpnclient-5.0.0290 i become the error 28005!

i try to delete all regedit entry's, but i cannot delete the legacy_cvpnd

winston.rolle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have provided the version number some time ago but got no response. Any ideas? HELP.

Winston

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: