cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client - Starting AD Login Script

dmcquestion
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the Cisco VPN client and after my user's authenticate I would like for the Windows AD Login Script to run so their network shares will map on their local machine and run other tasks.

Can this be done with the Cisco VPN client and NOT using the Start Before Login feature?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

Correct me if I am wrong, but the login script is pushed to the use when they validate to the domain correct? The Cisco VPN Client can only allow a user to log into a domain by Using Start Before Login since I am not aware SSO is available on the ASA for IPSEC. If you want to avoid this you will need to define a batch job locally on the PC which will be launched once the vpn client is connected with the "application launcher" feature.

Thank you for the response. Your last sentance is the direction I'm heading.

When I turn on my computer at home, I am not connected to anything work related. I log in using the cached credentials. My wireless then authenticates against the Linksys at home. Once I have a network connection I then start the Cisco VPN client which then establishes the tunnel with work. I need to map network drives and perform other functions in the AD Login Script.

I'm not using SBL so that is why I need to know how/where to launch the AD Login Script. Is there someone here that is launching the AD Login Script from a batch file? If so, please share.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: