Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Vpn Client to 1841

I need your help to solve the following vpn problem:

In the central site I'm using a 1841 router (version 12.4) with dsl connectivity to internet. I attached the script here for the central site.

This site is connected with 3 remote site (router 1801) with a vpn connection and all work very well.

Now I nedd to implement a vpn with a client (windows xp) using client VPN (version 4.6 or 4.8).

The vpn client can establish the VPN link with the 1841 router but I can't ping the fastethernet0/0 interface or any hosts of the remote network.

The same configuration of dynamic VPN works fine with a 837 router version 12.2.

Any ideas, please?

I am waiting your reply.

Thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Vpn Client to 1841

Using IKE, you can configure the Cisco Secure VPN Client to use the public/private key system for encryption. The public/private key system is a method of encrypting and decrypting Internet traffic for a secure connection without prior notification. Public/private key technology uses an encryption algorithm (such as DES) and an encryption key, which two parties---a recipient and a sender---use to pass data between one another. The recipient holds the private key, while the public key belongs to the certification authority (CA) or directory server for distribution

Views
Helpful
Replies