Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client to ASA - Connection disconnects with Reason 412 or 433

karim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Connecting to ASA 5505 (VPN server) via a remote VPN Client (Ver. 5.0.07.0440).  Connecting works fine with no issues, however when no traffic is sent or received over the tunnel the connection disconnects with the message:  Secure VPN Connection terminated by Peer.  Reason 412 (Reason Not Specified by Peer).  Everytime it disconnects at the 1min 38sec point.  To try to resolve this issue, I check the VPN Client > Properties for the Connection Entry > Transport tab > and the 'Peer response timeout (seconds): was set to 90 seconds.  I changed the seconds from 90 to the maximum 480 seconds and this improved things - now the connection disconnects at the 8min 8sec point.

These remote VPN connections are used for remote workers and sometime the connection stay idle for longer than 8 minutes.  Does anyone know how set it up so that the Peer response timeout is disabled.

Thanks

K

15 Replies 15

Hi,

I discovered the issue. It had to do with the tunnel's extended ACL, once I edited the ACL to allow the remote LAN access the issue was resolved.

Thanks everyone for helping.

K

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: