Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client v4 and XP SP2 blue screen

Hi, can someone please help. I have just installed Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3 on my PC which is running XP SP2 with a Sygate Personal Firewall Pro V5.something and Norton ( Windows firewall is switched off )

I have a broadband connection.

I can start the connect process and enter a userid and password. If I enter this incorrectly it returns an error message. When I enter a valid id and password it goes to check user authentication, after a couple of seconds it dispalys a windows blue screen saying that to prevent damage windows has shut down, it thendumps the memory to disk.

I have tried various port settings in windows security center and also uninstalling Norton but it always ends with the same failure.

Please help !!!!!!

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

4.03 is not the latest client, can you try the latest client and see if that resolves the problem ? Seems like a VPN client incompatibility with windows xp sp2.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi, do you know how I can download the latest version ? I have registered on the CISCO site but it won't let me do it.

Many thanks

Hi there, I have upgraded to version 4.7 but got exactly the same failure... please helpppppp !!

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Try this.

Uninstall the Sygate firewall and then install ZoneAlarm firewall. You do not need to keep ZoneAlarm on your PC, you can install it and uninstall it if you wish. The ZoneAlarm fixes the changes made by Sygate.

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Thanks, I will try that this evening and let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: