cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn client (ver 4.0.2) automatic disconnect about 15s form pix (ver 6.31)?

liangyu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello :

I intalled vpn client (ver 4.0.2) on my pc (windows 2000),by it link to pix (ver 6.31)with ipsec vpn.but after it successfully linked to pix about 15s,it automatic disconnect from pix,and the system showed a tip windows,that is

---------

secure vpn connection terminated locally by the client

reason:lost contact with the secruty gateway check your network connection

--------

Why ?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Liang,

If the Ethernet interface loses link during a VPN Client connection, the

following error message appears:

Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client

Reason: lost contact with the secruty gateway check your network connection

Hence this should not occur on all the machines that you have, can you verify the following:

Have you tried other Internet connections/dial-up connections?

Has this ever worked? Was this working fine before the upgrade, which versions?

Thanks,

Aamir Waheed,

Cisco Systems, Inc.

CCIE#8933

-=-=-

tbukhari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My apologies for late reply and am not sure if some one has replied to your query.

From the looks - it seems that the vpn client may have been terminated due to non-authenitcation from the authentication server. Are you using a Radius server for authenitcation of VPN clients or using local authenitcation on the Pix firewall itself? Do check the address assignment mechanism as well, whether it is from pool or through Radius server.

Let me know if you have any other queries in this respect.

arthecker
Level 1
Level 1

Solutions yet?

I was wondering if anyone had discovered the cause of this or a solution. I am experiencing the same problem (disconnects consistantly after 5 seconds) with client versions 3.6.3 and 4.0.1 on Windows 98 systems connecting to a PIX running ver 6.3.1.

It has been tested from multiple systems one of which is on the same (lightly used) network as the outside port of the PIX so actual network disconnects seem unlikely in my case.

Client addresses are being supplied from a local IP pool on the PIX. The PIX debug log shows an address being assigned from the pool. The VPN client log shows an adapter address change from its real address to 127.0.0.1 (don't know if this normal or not).

Any ideas are appreciated.

Is anybody able to address this problem or does anybody oversee this forum? This has been a repeat problem that has yet to be answered. Can anyone suggest another forum to post this question? Please reply because we could really use the help here.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: