cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Concentrator - Copying VPN Group

patrickavery
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to copy a VPN group? I am attempting to implement SDI authentication and want to copy my 8 groups and simply change the authentication method. The old groups need to remain until my pilot is complete.

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

janf
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick,

On a different subject, I am very interested in how you accomplished VPN backup with PIX + EIGRP routers. I need to do a similar setup using AT&T provided MPLS routers connected to my LANs that have L3 EIGRP routers and ASAs with VPN tunnels to the main site for backup. Did you create GRE tunnels for the VPN connections and run EIGRP over them? Or did you use static (floating) routes to the VPN connections? Can you please share some hints as to how you did this?

Thank you!

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patrick,

I dont think it is possible to copy only the VPN Group.

You can save a .txt file of the FULL Configuration file and load it on to another VPN3000. I am confident that you are already aware of this.

In your case, you want to specifically copy the group, which is copying a partical configuration and I think this is not possible.

In case if you had come up with an idea or workaround for this issue, please let me know. Thanks for your time!

Regards,

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: