Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Concentrator default "IPSEC-ESP In" rule does not work

cammaher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have set up a VPN Concentrator for remote access using the Cisco VPN Client and all works fine in connection. To tighten security I am using rules and filters on the interfaces.

Everytime I apply the default 'IPSEC-ESP In' rule to the Public interface, traffic flow stops for the VPN. I did try creating a new rule, that allowed UDP (port 10000) through and this worked fine.

Any reason why the default 'IPSEC-ESP In ' rule does not work?

Thanks,

Cam

2 Replies 2

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

just wondering if any modification has been applied onto the rule "ipsec-esp in", as the default action is forward.

thus, by applying this rule onto the filter "public (default)", it should only forward the packet if it matches, and the cvpn will verify the next rule on the filter.

Hi,

No change has been made to the default rule. It is set to forward all ESP traffic from any IP address, but as I said, when this rule is applied to the Public Interface (via the filter) no traffic gets through.

I have done some packet capturing and there is definatley ESP traffic going to the public interface.

Any other ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: