cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connection between Cisco 2811 and PIX515E

mitchen
Level 2
Level 2

Has anyone got an example configuration for a Cisco 2811 with WIC1-ADSL card, and IPSEC VPN connection to a PIX515E firewall?

We have some Cisco837s set-up connecting over IPSEC tunnels terminating on the PIX without any problem.

We wanted to replace one of the 837s with the 2811, but I'm having trouble establishing the IPSEC tunnel, using a config based on the 837.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

akin.oyelakin
Level 1
Level 1

we would need more info and maybe the config of both devices. 2611 and the 515E.

Config of the PIX is massive - we have a very large number of remote sites (as I mentioned, the remote sites are using Cisco 837s without issue) so there's probably not much point posting it's entire config.

So, I *think* the config attached is everything of relevance to this connection on the PIX:

For testing purposes, I'm using a dynamic Public IP address on the 2811 - I have this working from the same ADSL connection using a Cisco 837.

I have also attached the config of the Cisco 2811 with IP addresses etc removed.

Essentially, I have based the config on the Cisco 2811 as much as I can on a working Cisco 837 config. So what is required on a Cisco 2811 site-to-site IPSEC VPN connection with a PIX which wasn't required on the Cisco 837?

Thanks.

Problem resolved - I now have this working after a few tweaks to the config.