cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connects - Access to servers but not intranet webpages

LoganIsch
Level 1
Level 1

We have a machine here that will connect to our VPN and establishes a connection. However, it will not load intranet webpages.

We use a proxy script for delegating internet/intranet surfing. When it is disabled, the machine just refused to connect. When enabled, it attempted to load the pages for minutes and finally timing out.

From the command prompt, we can ping servers and computers on the company network. We can also ping the domain name for the intranet homepage. It just seems like we can't get any http transactions to occur with the domain.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

m-jankowski
Level 1
Level 1

This is called ATM Loopback I believe.

As for how its done I don't know.. but until someone comes in here and explains it you can look on how to implement it.

The whole issue is that your VPN can't 'see' the pages on the internal network because its in a different network... I think.

Would this affect all machines on VPN, or just a few? This problem we've only experienced on one other laptop.

We gave up on that first one and reloaded WinXP to fix it.

I'm assuming there's some option/setting hidden somewhere that is causing this problem.

Well there could be something blocking intranet websites.. try IE security settings? If all else fails do a clean install.