cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN default Gateway Problem

ThomasMull9000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys. we have site to site vpn .. and here is my scenairio .

Site A ( ASA 5505 )\

VLAN 1 - outside =  200.200.200.x   -- internet

VLAN 2- inside  192.168.8.1

Eth0/1 --- 192.168.8.2

Gateway  192.168.8.1

This is My Laptop

Eth0/1      192.168.8.3

no gateway.

LINUX Server

So my remote VPN site B can reach my laptop ip 192.168.8.2 because of the gateway i put it

but it can't reach My Linux Sesrver 192.168.8.3 because it has not gatway.

and i don't want to add a gatway my server for some reasons .. so please can any one help me here it's very importan for me.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

You will have to add gateway no other option to get the connectivity.

Thanks

Ajay

View solution in original post

Hello Thomas,  hope you must be doing fine!  have you got the response or you still looking for further response.   Please mark this as answered  and also rate the discussion incase your query is resolved.  Appreciate your time.  Regards,  Ankur   Community Manager: Security and VPN

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

You will have to add gateway no other option to get the connectivity.

Thanks

Ajay

if i add a route to LINUX Server , is it possible that my remote site VPN Can reach

or if i remove the VLAN interface ip . and put it no ip address to VLAN 1. is that is possible to reach the server without gateway

Ading route on linux machine should do you can test it not very much sure why not putting the gateway but the route.

Thanks

Ajay

Ajay -- if i put my inside with NO IP address .. can site B Reach my server. i want to avoid to put the gateway my server . so any other idea please

Thank You

Hello Thomas,

As mentioned by Ajay you must add a static route on the Linux box.

By adding a route for the remote network you are not defining a default-gateway but a next-hop.

Hope it helps.

Hello Thomas,  hope you must be doing fine!  have you got the response or you still looking for further response.   Please mark this as answered  and also rate the discussion incase your query is resolved.  Appreciate your time.  Regards,  Ankur   Community Manager: Security and VPN

Thank you all it works fine..