cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn error

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

We are getting the below logs in cisco ASA 55xx firewall with 8.x version continously.

%ASA-3-713141: IP = x.x.x.x, Client-reported firewall does not match configured firewall: terminating tunnel. Received -- Vendor: Sygate(4), Product Sygate Security Agent(3), Caps: 0001. Expected -- Vendor: Cisco Systems(1), Product: Cisco Integrated Client(0x00000001), Caps: 0002.

where x are multiple ip addresses used by Ras users..

can someone please help me.....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can either change the firewall on the client's PC, or you can turn off the firewall checking for VPN Client if you don't actually use that feature. Because it hasn't failed the VPN Client connection, it is probably configured as an optional firewall setting on the ASA.

To disable it, you can configure the following under the respective group-policy:

client-firewall none

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That means you are checking to see if you have firewall installed on the VPN Client's PC, and you have configured to see if Cisco Integrated Client firewall exists, while it detected Sygate firewall instead.

Thanks for the update...!!!

Does this indicate any problem and is there any way to suppress these logs ?

You can either change the firewall on the client's PC, or you can turn off the firewall checking for VPN Client if you don't actually use that feature. Because it hasn't failed the VPN Client connection, it is probably configured as an optional firewall setting on the ASA.

To disable it, you can configure the following under the respective group-policy:

client-firewall none

thanks for the update.. i think in stead of client-firewall none, we can even try firewall optional i guess.. correct me if i am wrong.

That is correct, you can have optional and the vpn will still get connected.

thanks..this thread can be closed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: