cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Error

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

I have setup a VPN on an ASA running 8.2 code.  Phase 1 and 2 pass, but when I look at the interesting traffic I see this?

7Oct 02 201314:56:30713222

Group = 63.x.x.96, IP = 63.x.x.200, Static Crypto Map check, map = Outside_map2, seq = 16, ACL does not match proxy IDs src:63.x.x.200 dst:10.202.90.12

I definitely have these lines in the config:

access-list Outside_cryptomap_36 extended permit ip host 10.202.90.12 host 63.x.x.200

crypto map Outside_map2 36 match address Outside_cryptomap_36

Any idea what else might be missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeet Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammed,

Its actually not an error but an information message which is telling you that he checked crypto map Outside_map2 16 doest have the match for the interesting traffic which makes perfect sense because teh crypto map you are using is sequence number 36.

Just to let you know that while phase 2 is coming up he checks from the top (which means lower sequence number), and goes though the list of crypto map configured till the time he finds a map.

I hope that it answered your question.

Thanks

Jeet Kumar

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jeet Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammed,

Its actually not an error but an information message which is telling you that he checked crypto map Outside_map2 16 doest have the match for the interesting traffic which makes perfect sense because teh crypto map you are using is sequence number 36.

Just to let you know that while phase 2 is coming up he checks from the top (which means lower sequence number), and goes though the list of crypto map configured till the time he finds a map.

I hope that it answered your question.

Thanks

Jeet Kumar

Ahhhhh I see, is this an 8.2 message? because I don't recall these on 8.4 firewalls and its been like over 2 years since I worked on a firewall running 8.2 code.

Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: