Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN extension mode on Fortigate - any idea ?

Hi netpros,

I am just wondering if any of you know as to whether the VPN extension mode available with Cisco concentrators (PIX,ASA) can also be configured/supported when using Fortigates as clients and head end VPN server. As always .. Any experiences/URL about this would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN extension mode on Fortigate - any idea ?

Hi Fernando,

Not sure why you would want to do this - Can you not just set up the devices Lan to Lan ?

Re: VPN extension mode on Fortigate - any idea ?

Hi ..

Because we are talking about 300 SOHO sites which need to terminated on the VPN head end at the Head office. Imagine creating 300+ LAN 2 LAN tunnels manually. Unfortunately the customer has already purchased the Fortigate firewalls and therefore am hoping there is a way to avoid the manual process. This could be possible (if suing Cisco instead ;-) ) if using the ASA network extension mode .. I could just create one single profile for all the 300 sites, use extended Authentication for extra security per site and get the sites fully routed by using the network extension mode .. so I am looking for somebody who had perhaps implemented something similar using Fortigate.

Cheers,

Views
Helpful
Replies