Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN full tunnel?

I am new to Cisco . . .

I want a simple remote client-initiated VPN for employees to access corporate resources from home simultaneously with being able to access the internet. I am using CCP and seem to have several options including Easy VPN server, SSL VPN. I also can choose "Full Tunnel" or not.

I have a 2911 router. I have a static range of internet IP addresses. The router is already functioning with inside to outside and outside to inside NAT, etc.

I am confused with all the options. Which one makes most sense in this straighforward situation?

1 REPLY

VPN full tunnel?

SSL VPN willl be best suited and based on number of user you can also select this license. Full and spilt tunnel is all in your hand but depends if full tunnel then you should have ssuffient bandwidth ,since all the traffic will come to VPN gateway. In split tunnel only specific subnet traffic will come over tunnel and for internet traffic local gateway will be used.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6657/product_data_sheet0900aecd80405e25.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_configuration_example09186a0080af314a.shtml?referring_site=smartnavRD

Table 4. SSL VPN Feature License Part Numbers for Cisco 1900, 2900, and 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers

License

Description

FL-SSLVPN10-K9(=)

Cisco SSLVPN Clientless Feature license PAK (Paper) - 10 Clientless Users

FL-SSLVPN25-K9(=)

Cisco SSLVPN Clientless Feature license PAK (Paper) - 25 Clientless Users

FL-SSLVPN100-K9(=)

Cisco SSLVPN Clientless Feature license PAK (Paper) - 100 Clientless Users

L-FL-SSLVPN10-K9(=)

Cisco SSLVPN Clientless Feature license PAK (E-Delivery) - 10 Clientless Users

L-FL-SSLVPN25-K9(=)

Cisco SSLVPN Clientless Feature license PAK (E-Delivery) - 25 Clientless Users