Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN IP Conflict Issue

Hello,

I recently changed my home configuration. I have AT&T DSL and I replaced my 2WIRE gateway with an AT&T provided Motorola Modem and a Linksys E2500 router on Sunday. For the last few days, all has been good. Last night and this morning, one of the computers in the house began getting IP conflict messages. The computer is provided by my company and uses the Cisco VPN client. I am not sure if it is conflicting because of the VPN (only seems to happen when it's connected) or with one of the other devices on the network (i have four other computers, a game system, and a few phones on the network).

Is there a way to prevent a conflict from happening again? My work requires me to have a constant connection for days at a time and these IP conflicts are causing constant headaches.

Would creating a static IP address on the work computer outside of the DHCP range help clear this up? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

VPN IP Conflict Issue

I'm guessing that your new Linksys router is allocated addresses from a range that match the vpn pool configured on the work vpn server. Assuming, this is correct then one or the other will need to change, Unless you are the CEO, it might end up being the Linksys that needs reconfig.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&docid=0ee68eaafa7648ccb5fec55d441ecec7_21445.xml

Open "cmd" on your vpn computer and the one with the error and issue "ipconfig /all" and "netstat -rn" to check.

Matthew

Re: VPN IP Conflict Issue

Power cycle all the dhcp devices and see if that resolves it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies