Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN issue between ASA 5505 and Linksys RV042

I'm having an issue connecting the ASA at our office to one of our remote employees.  I'm also not sure where the issue lies, as we've been through a handful of changes in the past few weeks, and I don't know for sure what corresponds to the trouble (it was working about 3 weeks ago).

Things that I know have happened:

• Another remote employee left, leading me to delete the site-to-site settings for his network.  Hopefully, I didn't delete something important to our remaining employee.
  • The remote user was having trouble getting his DHCP to renew with his ISP, so he did a firmware upgrade.  Went from 1.3.12.6-tm to 1.3.13.02-tm.  Apparently, the hardware itself was too old to run anything newer.
  • When the firmware upgrade started causing VPN issues, it was assumed that the router was dying (it's 3+ years old).  This led to a new router purchase.  The new router is running v4.0.4.02-tm.  It also can't get the VPN running.
  • Another factor is that when the new router was connected, the ISP gave him a new IP address.  I made the change (through telnet) to the IP.  Still no luck.

My best guess is that the firmware upgrade did something - some new feature that prevents this from working properly.  However, I'm trying to check all avenues.

I've tried doing a packet trace through my ASA ASDM interface, and it successfully got traffic to the other network.  So, I think that the VPN's up, just not transmitting proper packets.  I also get this when I do a "sh cry isa sa":

Active SA: 1

Rekey SA: 0 (A tunnel will report 1 Active and 1 Rekey SA during rekey)

Total IKE SA: 1

1   IKE Peer: x.y.z.110

Type    : L2L             Role    : responder

Rekey   : no              State   : MM_ACTIVE

I've attached the config of the ASA, as well as some screen shots of the Linksys's VPN configuration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content