Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Issue on 6500 with ASA Attached

Hello All,

I am having an issue bringing up a VPN succesfully between two remote locations. This is a site-to-site VPN and I've attached the physical layout. Now I can confirm to you that that VPN comes up, Both show ass MM_Active and both show sending and receiving data. I can also ping across the VPN however I cannot send any data over at all. I get SYN Timouts. So basically one side is just an ASA however the other side is an ASA attached to a 6500 running multiple contxt FWSM's. However for this all we are really conceren with is just one FWSM which I have layed out in the diagram.

Just to reiterate the Tunnel does come up and pings to work however if I try to telnet or open a web browser betwen the tunnel I get SYN Timeouts. This could be because of asymetric routing and if so can you advise on how I could resolve this. I know for a fact the issue is on the left side of this diagram with the ASA and FWSM and 6500, I just don't know he to forego the asymetric routing or use another solution so I can get this to work fully. Thank You for all your help in advance!

Views
Helpful
Replies