cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Licensing error...

BertBarron
Level 1
Level 1

The Purchasing Dept. of my company purchased 5 L-ASA-AC-E-5510 license claim certificates.  Each allowing my ASA to support 250 AnyConnect Essentials users. I am running 8.2 on my ASA.

Also recieved via email an ASA 5500 Series-Adaptive Security Appliance activation key...which I installed.  This installation allowed me to support 250 AnyConnect VPN users.

We want to return the un-necessary 4 copies of the L-ASA-AC-E-5510.  Unfortunately, my purchasing dept. has been told we must return all 5 of the claim certificates before we can buy a single copy.

I expect that I should return the ASA5510 to the original license key prior to the new purchase and re-installation of a new key.

As I have already installed the email'd activation key, and do not have the old one, how can I do this?  The ASA carried the default license key for years until I upgraded it with the new one...who knows where that thing has gone.

This is not a technical problem, more of a procedural one.

Thanx

I did not find a licensing thread in this forum, so this is the closest I could find.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bertram,

You can go to the following link and "if you have your PAK key you can regenerate activation code for your ASA.

http://www.cisco.com/go/license

Alternatively you If you need assistance with obtaining a new license or have questions  about one that you already received, please contact the Global  Licensing Operations (GLO) team at                                licensing@cisco.com . Response times may vary depending on business hours and  peak volume times when using this method.

Hope this helps. let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi Bertram,

You can go to the following link and "if you have your PAK key you can regenerate activation code for your ASA.

http://www.cisco.com/go/license

Alternatively you If you need assistance with obtaining a new license or have questions  about one that you already received, please contact the Global  Licensing Operations (GLO) team at                                licensing@cisco.com . Response times may vary depending on business hours and  peak volume times when using this method.

Hope this helps. let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Regards,

Michael