Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN & NT Authentication - How to apply user 'dial-in' options

martin.kayes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just installed a CVPN3005 and am using the latest VPN Client. The 3000 will not talk to the 2003 DC in Kerberos/Active Directory mode, but will talk succesfully in NT Domain mode.

Users can authenticate and get a DHCP address ok. However I would like to use the options on the Domain User account 'dial-in' tab to remove VPN permissions and also to have a specific IP address given to a VPN user.

It appears that the 3000 or client just ignores the Windows 'dial-in' settings; i.e. it does not apply the choses static IP address and also if I set the user account not to allow dial-in the user can still get in.

Am I missing something here?

Many thanks,

Martin

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The following steps will help you in setting up dial in options

Select Start > Programs > Accessories > Dial-Up Networking to open the Dial-Up Networking window.

Choose Make New Connection from the Connections menu, and enter a name for your connection.

Enter your modem-specific information and click Configure.

On the General Properties page select the highest speed of your modem, but do not check the Only connect at this speed... box.

On the Configure/Connection Properties page, use 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit. Call preferences to use are Wait for dial tone before dialing and Cancel the call if not connected after 200 seconds.

On the Connection page, click Advanced. In the Advanced Connection Settings, select only Hardware Flow Control and Modulation Type Standard.

On the Configure/Options properties page, nothing should be checked except the box under Status Control.

Click OK and then click Next.

Enter the telephone number of the destination, click Next again, and then click Finish.

Once the new connection icon appears, right-click it and select Properties > Server Type.

Select PPP:WINDOWS 95, WINDOWS NT 3.5, Internet and don't check any Advanced options.

Under Allowed Network Protocols, check at least TCP/IP.

Under TCP/IP Settings..., select Server assigned IP address, Server assigned name server addresses, and Use default gateway on remote network and then click OK.

When the user double-clicks the icon to bring up the Connect To window to dial, the user must fill in the User Name and Password fields, and then click Connect.