Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN over MPLS

amanda.ballard
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry CISCO newbie here.

We have a CISCO ASA 5510 and an MPLS network. What we would like is when our site to site vpn connections come in for those connections to be able to access all subnets throughout the MPLS. I know this isn't very detailed, please let me know what else I need to post to resolve this. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

If you could provide a topology, it would be helpful.

In general, you can configure a default route for tunnel traffic on ASA to point to a router who knows how to route the traffic to the rest of your network.

route 0 0 tunneled

Our admin tried that and he said it wasn't routing correctly and we couldn't access any of our corporate office servers.

then you'd better to post your network topology and explain to us what you are trying to do.

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Amanda-

You will need to add the MPLS networks to your interesting traffic ACL's and NAT exempt (head end and remotes) for the IPSec VPNs. The remote MPLS sites will need to know how to get to the remote VPN sites as well if you don't already advertise them all with an IGP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: