cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN performance NPE-G2 VAM2+ 7206vxr

tomasz.tuzimek
Level 1
Level 1

I have got headquarter which connected with 150 branchs.My intend is bought the two redundancy routers of VPN which will be serve 150 branchs(OSPFoverGREoverIPSEC and data traffic about 40Mbps esp-aes+sha)

Is this router (7206vxr,NPE-G2,VAM2+,1GB DRAM)enough??

How is performance for this router with the same configuration or similar.

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That router will have no problem encrypting/decrypting 40MBs of traffic. According to the datasheet (http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/prod_bulletin0900aecd80205255.html) it can do 280Mbs of traffic and 5000 tunnels.

HTH and please rate.

I looked this link many time ago but there is performance with only IPSec tunnels without OSPF and tunnels GRE. If I will use OSPF and GRE to about 150 branchs(in the future about 300)then performance will be drop sharply.How many decrease performance if I will add one branch with 200kbps

average traffic and OSPFoverGREoverIPSec. It will not be 0,2Mbps(from 280Mbps).Average IPSec traffic on the link currently is about 25 Mbps.

Someone was write that encryt card VAM2+ with GREoverIPSec and the multicast dynamic routing protocol in the productive environment have performance maximum 50Mbps but without GRE 100Mbps then CPU utilize quickly increase up to 95%.I don't know is this true?I must buy device which it will be perform up to 40-50Mbps in the future(OSPFoverGREoverIPSec).

If you have questions about performance and adding protocols and their impact, the best resource is your local Cisco SE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: