Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN server claims I have multiple local logins

I have successfully been logging in from my home Linux box to the company VPN using AnyConnect with DuoPush for about a month. As of last night I can no longer log in. The AnyConnect client says somethng like, "AnyConnect profile settings mandate a single local user, but multiple local users are currently logged into your computer.  A VPN connection will not be established."

I am the only one on this Linux system. I have rebooted. I have forcibly rotated wtmp and utmp logfiles in case AnyConnect was confused by my not logging out when the system had to be shut down in a hurry due to A/C failure. The "last" command shows only me logged in. The "who" command shows me at the console, and on various ptys connected to xterms; I even killed the xterms at one point just to be sure that wasn't confusing it (this should be unnecessary but I was trying everything I could thnik of).

What is AnyConnect looking at that convinces it there are multiple local logins?

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies