cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN stopped working

bpark
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 501 that was up and running for a long time we changed ISP setup now have a DSL (netopia router) I changed the ip's of the 501 to the new range (501 and outside route) it worked for a few weeks then stopped.

We have a 2950 where each isp goes first then to each pix. 1700 for the t-1 to the 515 and netopia for the 501.

I am a newb so I had an outside firm do the config a few years back orginally and when we changed our phone service I lost my adtran giving me internet to the 501 so we got a dsl line I figured how hard would it be to just swap the ip's. Well like I said it had worked then stopped.

I can ping from the 501 to outside www and into my network but when I use an outside xp to vpn it never connects. The vpn is a 2000 server I can connect from inside the network to the vpn so that makes be believe the vpn server works.

We also had a new voip phone system installed and our 515 was the default gateway and it had to be changed to a 3560 could this be the root. The 501 did work for a few weeks after this change so it makes no sense to me.

Ok, so if I wanted to start from scratch and reconfigure my 501 I am lost as to what procedure to follow. Can someone point me to the correct document for my setup?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

2 Replies 2

djc1309
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem with establishing a VPN connection between two Netgear VPN routers over a DSL connection using a Netopia 3346N router.

I had to go into the Netopia router and turn off NAT and allow ipsec pass through. I don't remember for sure, but I believe the ipsec pass through is in the security area.

You can call Netopia for support on how to do this.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: