cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel comes up but no traffic flows across

kcgeorge1218
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco VPN client that I connect to a client. The tunnel comes up when on the office LAN, but I can not PING or connect to the servers anything across the tunnel. The same works from my home.

I have a Checkpoint Firewall allowing "any" service for now, which will change later.

Please advise.

Thx in advance

GK

5 Replies 5

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Have you enabled NAT-T for the remote VPN client? Are you encrypting ALL remote traffic - or allowing LocalLAN or Split-Tunneling?

Thx for the post, Andrew. I am able to connect while at home with the same client settings.

It's only when at work that it fails which leads me to believe that there could be something blocking on the FWall, although the service type is "any" outbound/inbound.

Sorry I am confused - are you saying that you connect to a "remote customers" network using the Cisco VPN client?

This works when you use the cisco VPN client at home - but does not work when you use the cisco VPN client from in your office - which is protected behind a checkpoint firewall?

That's correct. It works from home but not when I am in the office.

Transparent tunneling seems to be inactive on the VPN client.

Transparent tunneling needs to be configured and negotiated with the remote end concentrator?

When you work from home, do you negotiate NAT-T IPSEC over UDP or IPSEC over TCP??

Either way you need to allow either UDP 4500 = NAT-T or whatever they have configured thru your firewall.

HTH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: