Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel for an ASA with dynamic IP

Patrick Werner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Communitiy.

Can someone please post a simple config for an ASA with dynamic IP connected to an ASA with a static IP. I have read some manual's and how to's. But neither works with my ASA. All the how to's are from older software versions, i'm using softwareversion 9.0.

Does someone have a tunnel and group policy config for the dynamic IP ASA and the static IP ASA.

Thanks in advance and greetings patrick   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Maybe this document might help or have you already had a look at it?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a0080bc7d13.shtml

It gives simple examples of HUB with static public IP address and 2 SPOKE sites with dynamic public IP addres. Both a Cisco Router and Cisco ASA:

In my own work I rarely run into situation where I have to configure VPN between sites while the other site has a dynamic IP address. Though the situations that I have run into have been done by using an ASA5505 as Network Extension Mode Hardware client.

I really should lab the above documents setup someday myself too.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Maybe this document might help or have you already had a look at it?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a0080bc7d13.shtml

It gives simple examples of HUB with static public IP address and 2 SPOKE sites with dynamic public IP addres. Both a Cisco Router and Cisco ASA:

In my own work I rarely run into situation where I have to configure VPN between sites while the other site has a dynamic IP address. Though the situations that I have run into have been done by using an ASA5505 as Network Extension Mode Hardware client.

I really should lab the above documents setup someday myself too.

- Jouni

That was it, it's definitely that easy as described above. Thanks Jouni.