Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN tunnel redudancy over two different interfaces

Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm looking for a solution for my problem. one of our branch site hav a DSL line and is connected to our headquater via L2L VPN. Now there getting a T1 line and my boss wants to keep the DSL link as a backup. Which means all VPN traffic should go then over the T1 line and when the T1 line fails it should go over the DSL line.

I had a look on the Cisco website and I thought I can do it with GRE tunnels but I don't know how to configure the router on the Branch site. Can anyone help me please.

regards Jurgen

1 Reply 1

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco IOS? IPsec High Availability (IPsec HA) Enhancements feature provides an infrastructure for reliable and secure networks to provide transparent availability of the VPN gateways---that is, Cisco IOS Software-based routers. This feature works well for all IP Security (IPsec)-based networks. In an Enterprise-Class Teleworker (ECT) solution, which encompasses a Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN) architecture for data gateway infrastructure and plain IPsec for management gateway infrastructure, IPsec HA can be used to provide redundancy---that is, stateful failover and rollback of the gateways to provide uninterrupted management connectivity to the spokes. For more details about ECT deployment, please refer to the link given in the references section.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk583/tk372/technologies_white_paper0900aecd80278edf.html