Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN user recover encrypted password

cisconell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Please let me know if there is any command that can help to recover the configure password for a vpn user  from ASA old version not the latest

I know that this command :"more system:running-config" helps to see the presharded key .

username abc password XXXXX encrypted

example I want to see the password for the username abc

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think there's any way to get the ASA to give you a local user's password in clear text.

If you have enable mode on the ASA, you can change to the unknown password to one that you know and can subsequently apprise the end user of.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think there's any way to get the ASA to give you a local user's password in clear text.

If you have enable mode on the ASA, you can change to the unknown password to one that you know and can subsequently apprise the end user of.

abcdrohan
Level 1
Level 1

If you send config to tftp server and see it from there, it might show you username passwords. I think that this works for pre-shared-keys but I have not tried it for user passwords.

Not sure if it'll work but just throwing it out there

Thanks Marvin and Rohan. we have to test the tftp option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: