cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN with Vista

hevghirl1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to connect remotely to my work's computer. I was told by our IT guy to install VPN client 4.0.5(Rel). HOwever, since I have Vista on my laptop, there seems to be a compatibility issue. Does anyone know how I can resolve this? In the meantime, I downloaded VPN Client on to my home computer, which is still running on XP and I am getting an error message stating: Secure VPN connection terminated locally by the client. Reason 402: The Connection Manager was unable to read the connection entry, or the connection entry has missing or incorrect information. I have entered the host, group authentication and password. I have also entered a Connection Entry name, although I'm not sure if it is correct. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks

4 Replies 4

ashraf
Level 1
Level 1

you should used cisco vpn client for vista

Hi,

you should download "5.0.00.0340-MSI.exe" VPN Client Software for 2000/XP/Vista - Microsoft Installer which is available in http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=cisco/crypto/3DES/vpn/client/windows/5.0.00.0340-MSI.exe&app=Tablebuild&status=showC2A, to download this, u need hav download privilages.

hope this helps.

rate this post if your satisfied

I've managed to get 5.0.00 am I've managed to establish a connection. I'm sorry but I know absolutley nothing about remote access - how do I then access my work remotely? Do I have to enter an address in the address bar of IE? I kind of expected my desktop to look like my work desktop. I have no idea what to do now. Are there particular steps to take to get into a workplace?

HI Hev,

what exactely i hav understood from the ur response is, you hav finally logged in to your office network & you don't how do proceed after that isn't? correct me if i am wrong.

if this is the case, which means u can do what ever you do in ur office, like u can ping ur office network.