Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN3000 Concentrator loosing CA Certificates

gstegmann
Level 1
Level 1

hello forum.

everytime i reboot the concentrator, it looses its ca certificate. digging into "file-management" it says:

CERTS Error 0x2003 when getting file information

CONFIG.BAK 24400 01/29/2004 11:52:32

CONFIG 24400 01/29/2004 11:57:50

MEMORY.TXT 10987 01/27/2004 16:12:16

SAVELOG.TXT 23055 01/29/2004 11:36:38

since i cannot find a bug in the but-tool, maybe the is a hardware problem ????

9 Replies 9

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gstegmann,

This issue occurs on the concentrator rarely and to resolve the Error, you will have to work with the TAC as they have specific set of procedures that you can follow to get this resolved or send me your email address through the forum and I will send you the steps to get rid of the error.

hope this helps,

Regards,

Aamir

-=-=-

Hi,

I am having the same problem on the Concentrator 3005 and PIX 501 as well.

I appriciate if you can semd the list of steps to resolve that issue. (Yossi.Mor@eAladdin.com)

Regards.

Yossi

Hi Yossi,

Let me know if it fix's the issue

Regards,

Aamir

-=-

aamir,

at least my issue is resolved.

thanks a lot.

Hi Aamir

Would it be possible for you to supply me the procedures also? One of our Concentrators has developed the same error. It has lost its SSL certificate and I am unable to generate another.

Many thanks

Max Leitch

Can you send me the steps at tonyg@neaconsulting.com ?

Thanks.

Hi Tony

I have seen the procedure documented either on CCO or in recent Concentrator code release notes.

Max...

Hi all,

Max is right, it`s stated in Rel Notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/prod_release_note09186a008021628c.html#wp79979

watch the wrap

see the section "Repairing Compact Flash in VPN 3005 Concentrator Series"

You first need to upgrade to 4.1.x cause the option is only available in this releases. Before you have to enter a series of undocumented cmds which I don´t recommend to use, cause they could harm the concnetrator.

Please note, this repair feature is not available via WEBGUI, only via console/telnet/ssh access !!!

regards

michael

If you have further questions don´t hesitate to contact me

Thanks! Worked like a charm!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: