Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VRRP config

I have configured one VPN concentrator for VRRP as role master,now i need to know, how to configure the backup, and how the configuration will replicate on backup, is everytime i need to update the modification of configuration on backup, right now backup is sharing address of master interfaces, both are pingable and accessible.

Please guide me how to configure it

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: VRRP config

The Backup LAN-to-LAN feature lets you establish redundancy for your LAN-to-LAN connection. Unlike VRRP, which provides a failover for the VPN Concentrator, Backup LAN-to-LAN provides a failover for the connection itself. Although VRRP and Backup LAN-to-LAN are both ways of establishing continuity of service should a VPN Concentrator fail, Backup LAN-to-LAN provides certain advantages that VRRP does not.

"You can configure Backup LAN-to-LAN and load balancing on the same device, but you cannot configure VRRP and load balancing on the same VPN Concentrator.

"Redundant Backup LAN-to-LAN peers do not have to be located at the same site. VRRP backup peers cannot be geographically dispersed,

Re: VRRP config

Thanks for the reply, this is good option, but my lower level design says that i have to configure only VRRP not other option. I have configured the VRRP as the following link says but not getting the result even getting more confuse. Please see the link this is exactly what i did the configuration

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vrrp.html

Now both are acting as master and only one is responding, how to replicate the configuration on unresponding concentrator. Unable to understand. When i reboot the responding concentrator for the time being unresponded came up and when the rebooted comes back the current one again unavailable for me.

I will highly appreciate if u tell me how to configure the concentrator for VRRP. If anyone has configured in real enviroment, Please guide me.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content