Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wake up!!! Roadwarrior can wake up a server???

Hi Folks!

Before I get ready for Christmas Eve dinner,
I was trying to find an elegant solution to a problem that seems to become complex in the upcoming version of ASA: to awaken any SERVER or PC remotely via VPN without having to enter static arp lines or other, but simply taking advantage of the direct broadcast as well as the router works fine. I did a little research, but I have not found anything interesting on Wake-on-LAN and ASA version 8.4; I find everything that is related to routers or older firmware versions of the 'ASA' where it seems that there were no particular problems to send packets from remote VPN connections to the LAN for the awakening of devices.

There is an elegant & clean way to let through packets of Wake-on-LAN to broadcast address from a remote PC connected via VPN?

I tried a few tricks without success! Such as http://blog.ioshints.info/2009/03/generating-layer-2-broadcast-from.html. I also bent to insert a static row in the ARP table and so the packet out 'inside' interface intended to turn on the server, but without producing the desired effect! Even if you solve the problem with this measure, are not sufficiently satisfied ... I do not want to populate the ARP table by hand, I would simply allow remote users to do this on any server!!!

Any idea???

Season's greetings @ All,

Arturo

13/01/2012: I have highlighted the question to raise some answers - Arturo Bianchi

• VPN
Views
Helpful
Replies