Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN File download problem

sweigle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have an ASA5520 with WebVPN enabled ASA software version is 8.21.  I have webVPN users that log in and need to download files from a cifs share.  The users successfully log in and access the share.  However, it seems when a file is larger than 2GB, the download does not complete.  The download quits at 2GB everytime.  If I log on locally and mount the share, I can successfully download the entire file over 2GBs.    Is there a file limit to download through the WebVPN?  Any other ideas of what might be causing this?

thanks,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

There are a few legacy group policy commands which allow you to restrict upload, post, and download file sizes.  From what I have read, I don't believe these commands are hooked into the ASA 8.x clientless rewriter.  I would have to mock this up in my lab to see if it actually influences the max download file size.

group-policy WebVPNGroupPolicy attributes
vpn-tunnel-protocol l2tp-ipsec webvpn
webvpn
  download-max-size 3000000

upload-max-size 3000000

post-max-size 3000000

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

There are a few legacy group policy commands which allow you to restrict upload, post, and download file sizes.  From what I have read, I don't believe these commands are hooked into the ASA 8.x clientless rewriter.  I would have to mock this up in my lab to see if it actually influences the max download file size.

group-policy WebVPNGroupPolicy attributes
vpn-tunnel-protocol l2tp-ipsec webvpn
webvpn
  download-max-size 3000000

upload-max-size 3000000

post-max-size 3000000

I looked into the commands that you suggested and found that the max size is 2147482647 for within the group policy WebVPN.   This of course is roughly 2GBs and appears to be the problem since the users are saying the download quits around 2GB..   I guess the conclusion is that only files less than 2.1GBs can be downloaded through the WebVPN.  Thanks, I will have them download these large files through a IPSec VPN instead.

Hi Scott,

You may take into account the following bugs:

CSCtx73124 

CSCsx10384

Proceed to rate and mark as correct the helpful post!

David Castro,
Regards,
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: