Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Webvpn GW's on one router with domain names

Hi,

I'm trying to configure multiple WebVPN gateways on one router using one front door VRF and multiple back door VRF's. Think of this like a cloud service provider with several customers using different VRFs and one Internet VRF used for the incoming connections for the remote users.

Doing so, several scenarios arise:

Using one gateway and several context with a seperate VRF for each.

Please let me know if I am wrong here:

I can only assign one trustpoint because I only have one gateway. This means that all users connecting can only use one domain name like "*.isp.com". This also implies the use of a wildcard certificate.

Using several gateways and several context with a seperate VRF for each.

I can only assign multiple trustpoints because I only have one gateway. This means that users connecting can use multiple domains name like "webvpn.clientA.com" and "webvpn.clientB.com".

I would prefer the first situation but then I run into a second problem:

There are several commands related to hostname and up till now I have not figured out which one does exactly what:

ROUTER(config)#webvpn gateway WEB_GW
ROUTER(config-webvpn-gateway)#hostname

ROUTER(config)#webvpn context CUST1_CT

ROUTER(config-webvpn-context)#gateway WEB_GW domain

ROUTER(config-webvpn-context)#gateway WEB_GW virtual-host

Is there anyone who can explain to me what exactly does what?

My personal guest is that I only need to configure the virtual-host like this" CUST1_CT -> virtual-host cust1.isp.com and CUST2_CT -> virtual-host cust2.isp.com". But I'm not sure about this and up till now I have not found any documentation that describes this very clearly.

• VPN
Views
Helpful
Replies