Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What Ports/Protocols to map through NAT for VPN Concentrator?

I have a VPN concentrator behind a NAT router (model 2621XM). The VPN concentrator is at the edge of my lab network. While travelling, I want to be able to use a VPN Client on a Windows box to traverse my NAT router and connect to my VPN concentrator so that I can then access my lab network remotely. I now that I need to create a static NAT translation in my IOS router. What ports/protocols do I need to statically map?

Jeff

3 REPLIES

Re: What Ports/Protocols to map through NAT for VPN Concentrator

esp, udp 500 or isakmp, udp 4500

good luck

if helpful Rate

OK, I statically mapped through my NAT esp, udp 500 and udp 4500. Still nothing. The VPN client attemps to connect and then reports Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.

I have attached the config from my NAT router and the log from the VPN client as well as the output as debug IP nat as I ran a connection attempt. I have set the VPN client to: Enable Transparent Tunneling and using IPSec over UDP (NAT/PAT). I have checked the log of the VPN concentrator and it does not appear that any connection attempt is being made - hence I dont think that I am making it through the NAT correctly.

Jeff

Silver

Hello,

Note: that you will need one single dedicated ip for esp as it has no ports .

HTH

Saju

Views
Helpful
Replies